image1 image2

HI, I'M HANA|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M A PROGRAMMER| DESIGNER | AND ENTREPRENEUR

The Framework Hunt


For the past couple months I have been fixated with trying to find the perfect framework. As a designer and developer, I have specific criteria that I would like to be fulfilled. Most of the frameworks I've used in the past have failed me in satisfying all the criteria. I've explored plenty, but the one outstanding framework I came across is the Foundation framework. My hunt is over, and I'd like to explain to you why:


I started playing with Foundation about a month ago; along the way I discovered the versatility of the framework. Although I am a design geek, I am definitely a programming jock. With that in mind, I can promise you that even if you're not very big on design, this may still be the framework of your dreams (not just because it takes care of design for you).

Foundation is predominantly a CSS and HTML based framework, however what I really liked MOST about Foundation is its partial compatibility across all devices and browsers. Apart from the exciting other gimmicky Sass stylesheet referencing frameworks with their rounded edges and other #designerSwag, Foundation provides universal compatibility through its "partial" compatibility. What that means is, it isn't singularly web-based or mobile-based; I know some of you shrug and say "what's the big deal?" but trust me, I'm not done. This framework is not just universally compatible with its partial compatibility (it seems like a bit of a misnomer to call it partial compatibility), but also highly emphasizes responsive design. Foundation is a very light framework and unlike many of the light ones, it does not interfere with developer work–in fact, Foundation works best with Node JS and Ruby (personally I don't know how it works with Angular JS). That being said, it is easily a great framework to use. In an increasingly mobile world with devices of all sorts of sizes and Node and Ruby rule the world, (and responsive design is becoming increasingly more crucial) a framework like Foundation is the way to go.

Of course, Bootstrap is great, too; it's relatively light too, but unfortunately it can't do backflips and cartwheels like Foundation. Usability and personalization are two of the most important aspects of software development, it's about time a framework like Foundation came to fruition.

Finally.

Share this:

CONVERSATION